Saturday, August 25, 2012

Microsoft's New Logo compared with my work 9 years ago

Couldn't help but notice that the newly unveiled Microsoft logo looks eerily familiar....

Below is their new corporate crest, released on Thursday, August 23, 2012:



Compare that with the logo I designed for WV UPCI's official site and departments circa 2003, about 9 years ago:



The all-caps (seen in both my old design as well as theirs of the same time period) were still in use at the time, and M$ should well have shed that by now (as I did with the new look released for WV UPCI about two years ago, seen below). Other than that, their new digs look amazingly similar to my old design work. I'm chalking it up to simply being years ahead of my time (smile). I am available for freelance work, by the way. PS: I owe a debt of gratitude to Paul Pavolni of Voppa.com. He has influenced me, design-wise. Thanks, friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment